YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information is collected voluntarily. We may need to collect such information to provide you with
our services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will
protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable
privacy laws in Australia.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is collected in various manners. The following are some of the manners but
not “limited to” how we collect this information:
- enquiries to our office or any of our staff by:
-> face to face
- apply for a job with us
- become a/or prospective tenant
- become a/or prospective landlord
- become a/or prospective tradesperson
- become a/or prospective client or debtor of the company
- provide personal information directly to us for a specific purpose.
Burnham may also collect information about you from third party sources including but not limited to:
- Referrals and recommendations
- Your family or friends
- Publicly available sources
- Titles Office or other property databases
- Your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- Your current or past employer
- National Tenancy Database) ie: Veda Advantage or similar agencies
- Law enforcement agencies and other government entities
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our
commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is
accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for
amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- add to one or more of our mailing lists (sales / rent / promotion / newsletters)
- archived for security purposes
- distributed only if required by or permitted by law
- disclosed if it is of public safety
- verification purposes
- correspond with your legal or financial advisor
- debt collectors
- mailing houses (directly for our purposes only)
- internal staff to manage your requirements
- reference checking, including but not limited to:
-> past landlords
-> other real estate agents
-> past and present debtors
-> past and present creditors
-> credit reference checking
- To anyone that would be usually expected in the running of a real estate agency
The information will only be used in a manner that we feel it’s appropriate and practical and not for
any malicious or unwarranted purposes.
Your information is at times managed by a 3rd party and although we review and if suitable allow these parties to manage the information, we cannot guarantee that they will perform their duties accordingly and therefore we will not be held liable for any breaches.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOT SOLD TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR THEIR MARKETING PURPOSES.